The Presbyterian Women (PW) have partnered with Coltrane Webb Elementary School to reduce hunger in our community. Each week during the school year, the PW fill backpacks with non-perishable food items for children who would not otherwise have access to healthy meals outside of school (weekends, holidays, school breaks). Currently, thirteen (13) bags are packed and delivered each week, and each backpack contains enough food to feed a family of four (4). In other words, we’re feeding 52 people per week!
This is an amazing program that could not succeed without your help. If you’d like to assist us in this mission, we accept donations of non-perishable food items in containers that are located in Davis Hall, the Education Building and the Fellowship House. Items most needed are:
* boxes of spaghetti noodles * boxed saltine crackers
* canned spaghetti sauce * boxed cornbread mix
* Vienna sausage * peanut butter (plastic jars)
* granola bars * jelly (plastic jars)
* cans of beef stew * individually wrapped fruit snacks
* vegetable soup * individually packaged pudding cups
* tuna fish * boxed cookies
* Spaghetti O’s * large cans of fruit cocktail.
Monetary donations are always welcome as well. We thank you for your generosity and hope that we can count on your continued support!
70 UNION STREET NORTH
CONCORD, NC 28025