70 UNION STREET NORTH
CONCORD, NC 28025
FIRST KIDS PRESCHOOL is part of the Christian Education Committee of First Presbyterian Church, Concord. It is open to both church and community children from September through May. Policies are determined by the Preschool Committee, which is composed of teachers, staff, and parents (including both church members and non-church members). The Committee is governed by the church session.
As First Kids, we believe that children learn best through active involvement. For the 6 month – 5 year-olds who participate in our various classes, we provide:
* Education that is geared to the whole child, with opportunities to develop socially, intellectually, physically, emotionally, and spiritually
* Use of the “Creative Curriculum,” which focuses on teacher/child interactions, age-appropriate content and materials, and purposeful play facilitated by highly intentional teaching practices.
* An environment equipped for a child’s comfort and needs
* Small classes with an excellent pupil/teacher ratio
* A music and movement program
* Chapel time for 4 and 5 year-olds with FPC Concord pastors
Our nine month program is offered between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. for 6 months, 1, 3, and 4 year olds, from 8:50 a.m. -11:50 a.m., for 2 year olds, and 9:00 a.m. 12:50 p.m. for Transitional Kindergarten. Most classes for these age groups are offered 2-3 times a week. One class for 4 year olds and the Transitional Kindergarten class are offered five days a week.
First Kids Preschool Staff participates in ongoing local and state educational opportunities and are all members of the Cabarrus/Rowan/Stanley Association for the Education of Young Children.
Parents are invited to observe class sessions, attend parent education opportunities and volunteer times to our program.
For more information, contact Maureen O’Bryan, Director of First Kids at 704-788-2812.